OBA Codes and Guidelines
The Osteopathy Board of Australia has developed codes and guidelines to provide guidance to the profession. These also help to clarify our views and expectations on a range of issues.
All files are PDF documents and vary in size from 120 KB to 900 KB.
- Bulletin - Is your advertising compliant?
- Osteopathy Code of Conduct
- Osteopathy Guidelines for Mandatory Notifications
- Osteopathy Guidelines for Advertising of Regulated Health Services
- Social Media Policy
- Continuing Professional Development Guidelines (revised in December 2015)
- Osteopathy Guidelines for Infection Control
- Osteopathy Guidelines for Clinical Records
- Osteopathy Guidelines Informed Consent
- Osteopathy Guidelines Sexual and Professional Boundaries
- Osteopathy Guidelines For Supervision
FAQ and Fact Sheets
For more information, please refer to the OBA's FAQ and Fact Sheets webpage.
Registration standards define the requirements that applicants, registrants or students need to meet to be registered. The Osteopathy Board of Australia has developed the following registration standards:
- Osteopathy Continuing Professional Development Registration Standard (Revised in December 2015)
- Osteopathy Criminal History Registration Standard (Revised in July 2015)
- Osteopathy English Language Skills Registration Standard (Revised in July 2015)
- Osteopathy Professional Indemnity Insurance Registration Standard
- Osteopathy Recency of Practice Registration Standard (Revised in December 2015)
The Board holds public consultations where interested persons can provide feedback to help shape Registration Standards, Codes and Guidelines, and policies. For more information, please go to the current consultations page.