To meet the Osteopathy Board of Australia's CPD registration standard, the following CPD activities are required:
1. A minimum of 25 hours of CPD in each annual registration period, including four hours of Board-approved mandatory topics, as well as
2. A nationally-recognised current first aid certificate which is at least a senior first aid (level 2) certificate or equivalent.
- To remain current, your first aid qualification should be updated every three years.
- The requirement to undertake a CPR refresher every 12 months was removed from the revised registration standards on 1 December 2015.
- First aid is a stand-alone requirement that does not count towards the 25 hours requirement.
In each CPD cycle, the OBA requires osteopaths to complete a minimum of 4 hours on at least one of the following topics:
- Osteopathy Board of Australia registration standards, codes and guidelines and overview of the National Law, particularly when new or updated versions are published
- Advertising a regulated health service and social media policy
- Evidence-based practice
- Risk management
- Record keeping
- Informed consent
- Effective communication
- Professional boundaries
- Confidentiality and privacy
View the Managing your CPD page for more information on recording your CPD and planning CPD activities.