Well-Being in Times of Crisis
Osteopathy Australia eLearning
Content Author: Brett Wiener
Purchase Now Member price FREE | Non-Member price $100
Brett graduated from Victoria University in 2013 and has completed his Masters in Applied Psychology at the University of Melbourne. He demonstrates a wealth of knowledge in the science of what it means for individuals, groups and institutions to thrive. This is a result of a progressive accumulation of experience working in the health and wellness industry. Brett has had experience across domains including strength and conditioning, nutrition and osteopathic therapy.
About the Course
With COVID-19 following bushfires and drought, medical professionals are being stretched further than we can ever remember. We have created 4 short, mobile-friendly modules around the personal qualities of savouring and gratitude, the importance of sleep and strategies to build positive organisations. These modules are based on a mixture of evidence-based theory and interventions from positive, humanistic and social psychology.
Module 1: Savouring
- Gain a foundational understanding of the benefits of savouring the positive acts of kindness you perform for others.
- Begin to develop and apply practical skills to savour.
Module 2: Gratitude
- Gain a foundational understanding of the science of gratitude, from both a neuroscientific and physiological point of view.
- Begin to develop and apply practical skills to practice gratitude daily.
Module 3: Sleep Hygiene
- Gain a foundational understanding of the most up to date science in understanding what good quality sleep is and is not.
- Learn what and how to apply several, simple sleep hygiene practices
Module 4: Positive Organisational Scholarship and Behaviour
- Gain a foundational understanding of what positive organisational scholarship (POS) and behaviour (POB) are and the positive impact it can have in the workplace
- Learn what and how to apply practical strategies to build positive organisations
Estimated CPD Hours
2 - 3 hours